Friday, October 31, 2008

THE VALUE OF A BEAUTIFUL COVER

Several people have bought my book "Survivor's Guide to Grief" first because they were attracted to the cover, then to the meaning behind the starfish: "Be like a starfish and grow new legs" when you have lost your life partner.

Cathi Stevenson, who designed this cover, found an arrangement and colors which immediately draw people to the book regardless of any existing interest in surviving grief. She has been courteous, intelligent, flexible, and all those good words in addition to having an amazing talent. For any authors who read this blog, I strongly recommend that you look up Cathi at www.bookcoverexpress.com.


In my last blog I set forth the kinds of Letters of Condolence which help, and those which hurt. The same conditions apply to Acts of Friendship.
There is no time in your life when friends are more necessary than when you are paralyzed by grief. Let me get through Hallowe'en and then I'll present thoughts which will I hope help you be a true friend. Booooooo!

No comments: