Wednesday, June 24, 2009

NEW VENTURES

Good morning!

I'm upgrading my "social presence." Also my work presence. Seems that these are linked.

I'm beginning to add pieces of my writing to "SCRIBD" which is an amazing new facility for writers of all kinds. Your books can be sold, your lyrics published, your thoughts immemorialized, your ego pampered.

To date I've published two pieces in SCRIBD on Micronesia: a short memoir, "The E.T. and the Man from Bikini" which is about my day with the nuclear-affected people of Bikini Atoll in the Marshall Islands; I am, of course, the Extra Terrestrial in the story. Then, I've published "The Micronesia Institute: a Twenty-Year Review."

Later I will offer for sale in the SCRIBD "book store" my first book, To Bernard Berenson With Love, and, abstracts from my present book, Survivor's Guide to Grief" which should have been called the How To Book for Idiots on Dealing with Death."

Underway is my next book: Tea on the Great Wall (working name) on being a little girl growing up in Shanghai, China when three wars were on-going: the Communists vs the Nationalist government, the Japanese invasion of China, and the reach of Nazi Germany into our community.

Marketing my beautiful book on grief is very hard for me especially as it relates to the unexpected death of my husband C. Brewster Chapman a good many years ago. With its completion I've been better able to steer myself away from that subject into other activities; but the marketing must be done or the book won't have surved its purpose of being of real help on the most emotional, most primitive level, to people who are suffering. Knowledge of the value of the book must reach these vulnerable people who are without protective skins, without defenses.

Next Posting I'll quote some of the great review I've had. Meantime, come greet me on Facebook!

No comments: